- Website and App Users. BSCS collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each User request. BSCS’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to understand better how BSCS’s Users use its Website and Apps. From time to time, BSCS may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, for example, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Website and Apps.
Personally-Identifying Information. Personally-Identifying Information (“PII”) means information such as Your first name, middle initial or name, last name, e-mail address, street address, mailing address if different, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, credit card information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, school, organization, and any other information that would allow someone to identify You or contact You. BSCS does not use such PII to identify its Users and does not disclose such PII, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses PII, as described below.
PLEASE NOTE: BSCS does not monitor, edit or control public posts by You or any User while using the Website or any App. Any PII You put in a public post will be publicly visible and accessible. Projects can customize their own data collection which may include PII. BSCS advises You to be aware of these possibilities and to be cautious of information, including PII, that You include in a public post or provide to a Project.
By establishing an account with BSCS, You understand and agree that must provide Us with Your email address and that We may use Your email address as needed to provide Your account to You. As part of Our providing Your account to You, You understand and agree that We can provide Your email address to the person or persons designated as a “Project Manager” for any Project in which You request to participate.
BSCS may collect PII when You choose to interact with BSCS in ways that require BSCS to gather such information, such as if You register as a Website user, or provide content to the Website through Your computer or smart device. The amount and type of information that BSCS gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, BSCS collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of Your interaction with the Website. BSCS does not disclose PII other than as described below. And You can always refuse to supply PII, with the caveat that doing so may prevent You from engaging in certain Website and App-related activities.
BSCS discloses potential or actual PII only to those of its programmers, contractors, and affiliated organizations that: (i) need to know that PII in order to process it on BSCS’s behalf or to provide services available at the Website and Apps; and (ii) have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of Your home country and, therefore, by using BSCS’s Website or Apps, You consent to the transfer of such PII to them. BSCS will not rent or sell potential or actual PII to anyone.
Other than to Our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described herein, BSCS discloses potential and actual PII only when required to do so by law, or when BSCS believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of BSCS, third parties, or the public at large. Unless authorized by You through Your opt-in, or as provided herein, We will make Your PII available to non-affiliated third parties only in the following circumstances:
- If We are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (for example, to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- If, in Our sole discretion, We believe disclosure is necessary to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect Our assets, to defend Our interests or comply with Our legal and regulatory obligations.
If You are a registered User of the Website and have supplied Your email address, then BSCS, or a Project Manager for any Project in which You have opted to participate, may occasionally send You an email to tell You about new features, solicit Your feedback, or just keep You up to date with what’s going on with the Website, BSCS and Our products. We primarily use blogs and groups to communicate this type of information, so We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If You send Us a request (for example, by a support email or by one of Our feedback mechanisms), then We reserve the right to publish it in order to help Us clarify or respond to Your request or to help Us support other users. BSCS takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potential or actual PII.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children or knowingly allow children to purchase goods or memberships through Our Website and Apps. Visitors less than 13 years of age must obtain an adult’s permission before submitting any PII to this Website or any other website or App. In the event that We learn that We have received any PII from a User less than 13 years of age, and We do not receive parent or legal guardian permission within a reasonable period of time of Our request for it, then We will delete that information as quickly as possible. If You believe that We might have information from or about a child less than 13 years of age, please contact Us at email@example.com.
Non-PII Aggregate Information. We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to design and operate better Our Website and provide services to You.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, We may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data. We may use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about Our user base as a whole.
We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We may use session cookies to make it easier for You to navigate the Website. A session ID cookie expires when You close Your browser. A persistent cookie remains on Your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in Your browser’s ‘Help’ file.
- Links and Third Parties. There may be opportunities through the Website and Apps from time to time to opt-in to receive information from third parties. If You opt-in, then You may receive correspondence from these third parties on programs, products or services that might interest You. Your communication with these third parties should be directly with such third parties.
BSCS Science Learning
5415 Mark Dabling Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80918